Chicken, Carrot and Potato Curry Recipe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
September 12, 2017
Full of deliciousness in one pot! Easy to make for a big family and affordable.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 people
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 Bulb garlic
- 4 Stalk lemongrass
- 9 Klondike rose potatoes
- 1 Bag rainbow carrots
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Can coconut cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 gal water
- 1/2 yellow onion
- I used a whole chicken, clean well and cut into pieces.
- Wash, prep and cut all the ingredients (lemon grass, yellow onions, rose potatoes, rainbow carrots).
- In a large pan, add olive oil, garlic cloves and lemon grass. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces into the pan, sauté. Then add salt, sugar, curry powder and fish sauce.
- In another pan, add olive oil and stir fry the vegetables (potatoes and carrots) for 3 minutes on high heat. This method seals the vegetables from breaking into pieces when in the curry.
- In a large pot on high heat, add one gallon of water to boil. Add chicken in and cook for 15 minutes. When rapidly boiled, add the vegetables in and cook for 7 minutes.
- Then pour the coconut cream in a bowl and stir (because if you pour directly from the can it can be lumpy). Pour the coconut cream into the pot.
- Now add sliced yellow onions for finishing touches. Cover pot lid for 13 minutes. Scoop curry in a bowl and ready to enjoy.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.