Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
I love a good Buffalo Wing, but having food sensitivities dampens dining out. So I've developed an easy, gluten free and tasty alternative.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Great served with the traditional celery and carrot sticks and a dipping sauce of Ranch Dressing if you like. Also great with some bread sticks.
Baked chicken breast with a topping of "bread-free" bread crumb substitutes. Many people have gluten intolerances. These substitutes actually taste better than bread crumbs, which really have little flavor.
Chicken Nuggets I
4 Servings, about 3 ounces each
Preparation Time:15 Minutes
Conventional Cooking Time:12 To 14 Minutes
Microwave Cooking Time:6 To 8 Minutes
1.Remove skin and bone; cut thighs into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place cornflakes in plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
3. Add remaining ingredients to crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
4. Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake to coat evenly.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
2. Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
3. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes.
1. Lightly grease an 8- by 12-inch baking dish.
2. Place chicken pieces on baking dish so they are not touching. Cover with waxed paper and cook on high.
3. Rotate chicken every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Note:
To remove bone from chicken thighs:
1. Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
2. Turn chicken thighs over.
3. Cut around bone and remove it.
Total fat 8 grams
Saturated fat 2 grams
Cholesterol 67 milligrams
Sodium 127 milligrams
Chicken Nuggets II
Yield: 6 servings
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients except chicken and oil in a plastic bag. Place chicken cubes in the bag and shake well.
Place the cubes on a nonstick cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the cubes, or mist lightly with olive oil from a spray bottle. Bake the cubes for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tender. Serve cold.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (3 ounces): Calories: 239, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 71 mg, Sodium: 275 mg, Carbs: 13 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 29 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch, 4 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Monounsaturated Fat
By Terri P. NV
Wash chicken breasts and cut into nugget size pieces (may flatten some, if necessary). While wet, lightly sprinkle each of the four spices on one side of the chicken. Turn the pieces over and repeat the process. Put a small amount of cooking oil into a pan, and heat the pan until the oil starts to simmer. Add the chicken, fry until both sides are golden brown and chicken is tender. Do not overcook.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!