Chicken and Vegetables with Rice Pilaf
This is just a quick, easy chicken and vegetables over rice pilaf dish. Using spices, and easy additions that make it fast and made in about 15 minutes! And healthy and yummy!
- 1 chicken thigh (use as chicken pieces as you need)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- A little seasoning on the chicken
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Seasonings; dash of each; minced garlic, minced onion, black pepper, & season salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package rice pilaf (made as directed)
- Using a skillet, add butter and seasoning to chicken. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and wipe pan out.
- Place chicken in pan. Add tomatoes, water, squashes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice pilaf.
- Then turn the chicken over and slice it down the middle to check if done. Add the spinach, cover for about 5 minutes and then you are ready to serve.
- Put the rice on a bowl, then the chicken on top, then vegetables and broth. Lots of delicious fresh flavors!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!