Chicken with Chinese Brown Sauce
This recipe is not only delicious it is easy to prepare and can be varied somewhat by you choice of vegetables added. This is a guide about chicken with Chinese brown sauce
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a delicious chicken dish with ample sauce for the rice I serve with it. You can choose to add vegetables if you like.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Source: Adapted from Food.com
- 4-6 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- vegetables of your choice to stir-fry
- hot cooked rice
- Lightly brown the chicken breasts on both sides in a small amount of oil. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Stir-fry the vegetables, if using. Remove vegetables from the pan.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, spices and 2 cups chicken broth. Stir to mix and return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover the pan and simmer the chicken 15-20 minutes, or until done.
- Remove the chicken again. Add the remaining broth, mixed with cornstarch.
- Bring the liquid to a boil to thicken. You may have to add a little more cornstarch. When thick enough, add the chicken and vegetables (if using), and coat everything well with the sauce.