Chickpea Sprout and Cucumber Salad
Here's an easy way to get some healthy foods in you! It involves sprouting which can be fun.
Prep Time: 3 days
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sprouted chickpeas
- 1 cup sprouted mung beans
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 2 days before you want to make the recipe, get 2 jars and 2 screens. One for sprouting chickpeas and one for sprouting mung beans. Put the beans in and fill the jar 1/2 with water covering the beans and then leave them soaking for 6 hours. Then drain. Then once a day for 2 days rinse; then drain again. Here's a good guide on sprouting if you want more info: https://draxe.com/sprout/
- When you get little tails, your sprouts are done. Then simply rinse them well, add to a bowl.
- Cut up cucumbers, and mix with sprouts.
- Add lemon, oil, and spices.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!