Child Support and SSI?

I was wanting to know if my ex still needs to pay child support. He recently got approved for partial SSI benefits in the amount of 338.29. He receives PERA in the amount of 441.67. So child support closed my case because he is receiving this amount in SSI. Who can help me to enforce the order by the court? I was in a bad car accident and have had no pay check for almost 2 months.

Thank you.

You can not collect Child Support from SSI, If it was SSDI there maybe a chance. As for PERA this one is difficult it has a lot of variables like if he owes back Child Support,Alimony,Tax Lien,Bankruptcy etc. You would have to contact a Lawyer if you are even due money from this. PERA is like a pension and it can be very hard to garnish!Good Luck!

I would contact a lawyer on this one. I dont think anyone here knows enough.

It appears that you husband is not working any longer and his SSI and retirement benefits are now very low. Both of these types of account is very hard to get child support from and it will be difficult.

The only option you have is to get a lawyer. Maybe if you are not working you can get a legal aid lawyer to help you out.

You definitely need legal guidance on this matter--preferably by the lawyer who set up the child support in the first place.

If that person is no longer around, you could always locate your local state representative and have him/her help you find a legitimate legal aide service. Never Google for a lawyer--always get one through someone who has used the person and had a good experience or from a legal aide service referred to you by your state rep.

I found my state rep's office by Googling my town name and the phrase "state representative". The office was nearby and the services were free (paid with tax money).

Post back with updates. Prayers for your healing process and a good resolution.

I'm afraid that both of those benefits combined are considered very low income and legally SSI cannot be tapped for support and PERA only in very select cases.
I would suggest you contact your Family Services Center and ask them to help you find an attorney that will not charge for their services. They may also have other suggestions.
You may be receiving other government benefits (Medicaid/Food stamps) but with no child support you may be eligible for other benefits so be sure to check this out.

An attorney can advise you on your first consultation as to whether you can collect any type of support. Just be sure to take all papers pertaining to anything that has to do with child support or benefits you receive.

Business and Legal Legal Child SupportOctober 16, 2019
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Child-Support-and-SSI-11.html