Child Support and Social Security

The kind of Social Security that my ex-husband is on has been said to not be drawable. The SS office said this to me. ORS cannot draw anything from his SS and has never paid a dime for child support in the 15 years of our oldest child's life. He has assets and I'm afraid if I get a lawyer, he will take his name off everything. What do I do and has anyone ever come across this type of Social Security?

By Jennifer

That might be SSI. Please, call or visit your local Social Security office and find out for sure. Call first and ask them what documentation you need, such as your child's birth certificate and the father's social security number.