Child Support and Social Security

The kind of Social Security that my ex-husband is on has been said to not be drawable. The SS office said this to me. ORS cannot draw anything from his SS and has never paid a dime for child support in the 15 years of our oldest child's life. He has assets and I'm afraid if I get a lawyer, he will take his name off everything. What do I do and has anyone ever come across this type of Social Security?


By Jennifer

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

August 22, 20130 found this helpful

That might be SSI. Please, call or visit your local Social Security office and find out for sure. Call first and ask them what documentation you need, such as your child's birth certificate and the father's social security number.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportAugust 20, 2013
Christmas Ideas!
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/12/12 13:15:19 in 615 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!