Chocolate Caramel Bars
These gooey, sweet, and incredibly decadent bars are oh, so naughty but they taste amazing.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 32 - 36 caramels
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap caramels.
- Mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, soda, salt, and butter together. Put 3/4 of mixture in greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Melt caramels and evaporated milk in microwave. Stir until smooth
- Pour caramel mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle remaining crust and chocolate chips over the caramel.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Cool thoroughly before cutting. Even better the next day (if they last that long)
Source: My neighbor, Lisa
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!