Chocolate Cookie Recipes
If you love chocolate, then chocolate cookies are probably on your short list of scrumptious desserts. This page contains chocolate cookie recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
My son just made these cookies. It was his first cooking project without any help. They turned out great - although he did get to learn how important it is to set the timer on the last batch :)
Total Time: 2 1/2 Hours
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco (or 1 Crisco baking stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (mini preferred)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Beat brown sugar, shortening, and vanilla until well blended. Beat in eggs.
- Add cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add 2 cups flour and mix until just blended. Add chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Form dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and roll first in sugar than in powdered sugar until coated completely.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
My son used milk chocolate chips instead of the mini-chocolate chips because that's what we had on hand. He also got to make brown sugar by adding molasses to white sugar (I showed how to look that up on the internet, which he thought was pretty neat).
Chocolate cookies with a fun surprise inside, a Peppermint Patty!
Total Time: 15 minutes prep, 8-10 minutes baking
Yield: 30 cookies
Source: My cooking group
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose Gold Medal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 peppermint patties
- powdered sugar, for decorating the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Next, add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Take a golf ball sized ball of dough, roll into a ball, and flatten it into a disc. Place a peppermint patty in the center and wrap the excess dough up and around the patty. Make sure the entire patty is covered. Repeat with remaining dough and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are set, but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely. Dust the cookies with powdered sugar.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine shortening, brown sugar, water, and vanilla in bowl. Beat a medium speed. Beat eggs into creamed mixture at low speed.Read More...
Recipe for Super Simple Chocolate Cookie. One bowl. No beating. Just mix and bake! On a busy day, you need a quick and simple cookie recipe. This is as simple as it gets. . .Read More...
Beat eggs and add milk and oil. Mix together Bisquick and instant pudding (any flavor can be used) and add to egg mixture. Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix well.Read More...