This recipe is so versatile! It can be used as a pie filling, frosting and filling for a 2 or 3 layer cake, or as a mousse. It is so, so easy, and has never failed me. It is also really, really delicious.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: depends on how you use it
Source: The Fannie Farmer Baking Book, 1984
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or instant coffee granules, or 2 T orange zest
- Put the eggs in your large mixer bowl and, on low, beat until well mixed.
- Add butter, chocolate, and sugar, beating on low until the sugar is incorporated, then beating on high for 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl down a couple of times.
- Add your flavoring of choice, and beat on high for 3 more minutes, until thickened.
- Mound into the pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide