Choosing a Throw Rug

Would a black and white striped rug look OK with my black and white checkered floor?

I dont think so. I would choose a black rug.

The patterns will probably clash.

Is it a store you could purchase from and bring back to return if it doesn't work out?

For me it would be too "busy" but there are folks in the Pinterest world who love that look and it works for them (see some samples):

www.pinterest.com/.../?q=black%20and%20white%20striped...[]=black%20and%20white%20striped%20rug%20on%20a%20black%20and%20white%20check%20floor%7Ctyped

I am of the decorating mindset that you have to love your space and decorate in a way that makes you happy, no matter what others think!!

Whatever you decide, make sure you love it!!!

Personally, I would not find that combination visually appealing. Have you considered a black and white faux cowhide rug? With the many surface color variations you might find one you really like.

As was said in another answer, the important thing is that you select accessories you like. Another option to consider would be a solid colored rug in something other than black or white. Red, gray or yellow would add a pop of color to your room.

Is this in the kitchen or in the living room? If it is in the kitchen, I would use a red or brightly patterned. rug for a color pop. But if it is in the living room, I would use a rug that coordinates with my existing furniture colors.

Tell us what you decide on and send us a picture.

I would suggest you take pictures of your rug (kitchen? living room?) and take the pictures to a Lowe's or Home Depot home section and ask for their advice.

They may be able to download your pictures and give you a better idea.

You can also do the same thing at a rug store and see what they suggest.

You do not have to buy anything from either store unless you find something that you like.

I, personally, believe a solid colored rug that fits your room, other furniture colors and your personality would be a better choice.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Carpets and RugsJanuary 23, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃