Cinnamon Bread Recipes

If you love snickerdoodle cookies, you will love this! I made this for a cake walk and bake sale and it was a huge success! The surprise is a lovely swirl of melted cinnamon chips on the inside of the bread, Yum!

• 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1-3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
Topping:
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.

Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, cream butter, 1-3/4 cups sugar, salt, and cinnamon until fluffy, about 2 minutes.

Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well. Add flour mixture stirring to combined only.

Coat the cinnamon chips with 2 Tbsp. of flour.

Spoon batter into loaf pans. Using a knife, swirl the cinnamon chips into the batter.

Combine 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle over top of batter in the pans.

Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.

Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pans.

Wonderful with hot tea, coffee, or just plain ol' cold milk :)

Source: I received this from one of the many baking and cooking blogs I subscribe to. When I made it, it was too sweet for my tastes so I tweaked the original recipe a bit by reducing the sugar, cinnamon chips, and swirled the chips into the batter to make it look prettier.

By Gina from Oklahoma City, OK

7 More Solutions

This makes a great, soft loaf of bread! Cinnamon bread is one of my favorites! I love this for toast in the morning for breakfast!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of two 8x4x2-inch or 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper or parchment paper and set aside.

Cinnamon Puff Bread. Bring 1/2 cup butter and water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add flour and stir until dough forms a ball. Let cool until just warm to the touch. . .

Quick Sweet Cinnamon Bread Recipe. Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes. . .

One of my favorite bread recipes.

Thaw the loaf of bread. Roll it out flat on a floured surface. Spread the butter or margarine on the flattened dough. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the buttered surface of the dough.

Where does the 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt come into place? There is no indication of it in the instructions for the chocolate cinnamon bread recipe.

By Patricia from Montreal, QC

Answers

I was wondering the same thing. The recipe was one of the contest contenders in this post:
www.thriftyfun.com/tf64548417.tip.html Thanks!

Not sure, but in another cake mix I've used successfully lots of times, ice cream or frozen yogurt is beat in along with the other wet ingredients. I let my my ice cream become less hard before I used it. Hope this works!

Nica

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads CinnamonDecember 20, 2012
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cinnamon-Bread-Recipes.html