Cinnamon Raisin Bread Roll
This is a great bread roll to serve for breakfast, dessert or as a snack. I especially love eating this cinnamon raisin bread roll with butter, yum!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr, 5 minutes + time to wait for dough to rise
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup Sourdough starter
- 3 cups Unbleached all purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp Instant yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Butter (melted/soften)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Warm water
- 2.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Raisins
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Unbleached all purpose flour
- Combine all dough ingredients and mix well to make your dough.
- Lightly grease bowl and allow dough to rise for 1-2 hours.
- For filling, combine cinnamon, sugar and flour. You will also need some raisins.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle about 6 by 20 inches.
- Beat an egg with a little bit of water and brush over dough.
- Evenly sprinkle dough with cinnamon, sugar and flour mixture.
- Sprinkle raisins.
- Roll dough up with filling inside.
- Top off with remainder egg wash and some cinnamon, sugar, powder and raisins on top.
- Cover and let the bread rise in the pan for about a hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until ready.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.