Citrus Bourbon Glazed Ham
This is my way to take a cooked ham and turn it into a luxurious main course that makes you forget about those $80 glazed hams from the specialty shops. It's turns out super juicy with an incredibly crisp toffee-like crust. Delicious! This cost about $8 in all to make. Always hunt the holiday sales!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Yield: 12-20 servings
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 bone-in ham portion, 6-10 lbs
- Preheat oven to 325 F with rack positioned to lower third level. Puree marmalade, mustard, bourbon, lemon juice, and ground ginger together in a blender. I used an emersion blender in a bowl.
- Place ham on a large baking dish so the fat side is facing up. Score the ham in a criss-cross fashion with a sharp knife.
- Spoon the glaze over the ham, opening the criss-cut sections to get it inside.
- Loosely cover ham in foil and bake for about 2 1/2 hours, until thermometer inserted into the middle of the ham registers 130 F. Remove foil, increase oven temperature to 425 F and bake another 20 minutes, until golden and crisp.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.