Cleaning Canvas Sneakers

Category Shoes
Having your canvas shoes bright and clean keeps them looking good. This page is about cleaning canvas sneakers.

I can't stand having dirty sneakers. I used to use white shoe polish but it smells, takes a while to dry and can stain. I've found that using a Mr. Clean magic erase block (or similar store brand erase block) works wonderful at whitening even the oldest dingy sneakers. I tried using bleach on one shoe and the erase block on the other and I was surprised to find the shoe I used the erase block on looked much better.

By Rachel from Port Orchard, WA

Clean canvas shoes with rug shampoo. Use a toothbrush to get into tight places and around trim.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

A great way to clean canvas sneakers is to lay them on an old towel on top of the washer. Spray them with foamy carpet cleaner (you can get it for $1 at the dollar store) inside and out. Let them sit for a couple of hours, then throw them into the washer. Wash them in warm water with regular laundry detergent. They'll come out much whiter again.

By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

How do you clean white canvas sneakers?

By gayle from Rochester, NY

I have a pair of white canvas shoes. What would be the best way to clean them in order to remove all the dirt? Would they be safe in the washing machine ?

By Beth from Buffalo

Answers:

Cleaning Canvas Shoes

I don't like putting shoes in washing machines, too scared they'll wind up mangled. I recommend getting a bucket of hot water with a mild dish soap in it and using either a nail brush or a toothbrush to scrub them. If your shoes are white and u have some stubborn spots I recommend using the Bleach Pen; it's inexpensive and it does wonders!

When you're all done actually cleaning the shoes, put some paper towels in the shoe to help keep their shape and help them dry faster and then set them out to dry! (09/04/2010)

By Jennie

Cleaning Canvas Shoes

If you're talking about tennis shoes, I put mine in the washer all the time and have for many, many years. Never had a problem. I don't, however, put them in the dryer. I let them air dry. (09/04/2010)

By Cricket

Cleaning Canvas Shoes

I always put my canvas shoes in the washer. I put them in with my towels so they don't bang all around. I do not put them in the dryer, air dry only. After, make sure you spray them with canvas protector. I purchase it at Payless for $5 a can and I use it on all my canvas items. Hope this helps (09/04/2010)

By Devin

Cleaning Canvas Shoes

When I was young people used white shoe polish on canvas shoes to keep them white. (09/04/2010)

By Joan

How do I remove a clay mud stain from my white shoes? My brother was wearing them and got them dirty. The shoes are "Rabens." I put them in the wash, but only half the mud came out. Should I try bleach?

By Taylor from NSW

Answers:

Cleaning Canvas Shoes

Try using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for your shoes. Good luck. (07/17/2010)

By Judy

Cleaning Canvas Shoes

I have had great results using borax and washing soda (not baking soda) in with the regular laundry soap you use when doing the laundry. You might need to soak them in the wash for awhile after adding your water and cleaning agents. It should help. Just follow the directions on the borax and washing soda boxes. Both can be found in the laundry section of your grocery store or warehouse store. (07/17/2010)

By Monica

Does anyone have any ideas for how I can clean a pair of beige colored canvas espadrilles?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesOctober 29, 2012
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Canvas-Sneakers-1.html