Cleaning Gas Stove Burners

How do you clean your gas burners that have burnt on junk? I just want to get that junk off the burners. They light OK.

I too had bad Grime on my grates for my gas stove. I took a gallon-size Ziploc bag put 1 grate in each bag and put 1/4 cup ammonia in the bag turn the bag upside down and left overnight. The next morning I scrub them and low and behold they are gray again. Make sure you wash them very good after. I ran mine through the dishwasher.

Put them in a plastic bag with ammonia in it. Be carful of the fumes but if you let them siak in it that black build up will come right off

I tried this. IT MAKE THEM WORSE. Didn't help to remove burnt on grime at all but also made metal craze, so have thrown the lot in the bin and will have to buy new set of burner.

So please be aware.