Cleaning Hair Accessories

First of all I keep 2 containers for my hair accessories, one for clean ones and one for used ones. I "never" mix the two.
Once a month I take my used ones and put them into a plastic container with a screw-on lid. It has to be large enough to allow for shaking and mixing well. I add just a few drops of shampoo, or cleaning solution, or dish or clothes soap. Then I add hot water and shake vigorously for a minute or two. Then I strain it, add more water and shake again for a minute for the first rinse. Then, I pour them into a strainer and run clear water over them to rinse completely. After this I lay them out on a dish or hand towel and roll them up in the towel. I squeeze (without twisting) as much as possible, then open the towel up and let them dry. They will usually be dry within an hour or so.