Cleaning Hair Accessories

Category Miscellaneous
We focus on keeping our hair clean, but we don't want to forget the accessories that we us to style it, such combs, clips, bands, etc. This is a page about cleaning hair accessories.

Here is an easy way to keep your hair ties clean. Once a month or so place all of your hair ties, aka elastics and cloth headbands in a dirty sock. Tie the top of the sock into a knot and toss it in with the rest of your wash.

First of all I keep 2 containers for my hair accessories, one for clean ones and one for used ones. I "never" mix the two.
Once a month I take my used ones and put them into a plastic container with a screw-on lid. It has to be large enough to allow for shaking and mixing well. I add just a few drops of shampoo, or cleaning solution, or dish or clothes soap. Then I add hot water and shake vigorously for a minute or two.

Then I strain it, add more water and shake again for a minute for the first rinse. Then, I pour them into a strainer and run clear water over them to rinse completely. After this I lay them out on a dish or hand towel and roll them up in the towel. I squeeze (without twisting) as much as possible, then open the towel up and let them dry. They will usually be dry within an hour or so.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 3, 2013
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Hair-Accessories.html