Cleaning Residue on Windows

I just moved into a new flat, but I have no idea how to clean these particular windows! They're double glazed and it seems like there is residue from a previous bad cleaning. However when I tried to get it off it seems like the residue/marks are inside the two panels! I don't know how this is possible and I really need your help, the windows just look awful!

Thanks a lot for your answers.

If the residue is between the two panels, you will not be able to remove it. The seal is broken. I would have the landlord replace these panes.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

A double pane window is airtight, so it sounds like there must be a broken seal.

There are some solutions but it's best to get the owner involved as it isn't really an easy DIY fix.

Reference: www.howtocleanstuff.net/.../

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Those are double pane windows. The seal has broken and moisture has gotten in. The are not fixable, but rather need to be replaced.

Thanks a lot for your answer, have a great day!

I would suggest that you first discuss this with your landlord as the seals are broken and it does not just mean your windows are "dirty" but it means the insulation is broken and cold and heat will not be sealed in or out. (Utilities will cost more and you may have trouble getting your flat heated or cooled properly.)

If the landlord will not do the expensive repairs (replace the windows) then you may have to think of what you can do to help seal your windows and maybe disguise the dirty look.
There are lots of ways to camouflage your windows but just curtains may not work unless you intend to leave them closed forever. I have seen people use window tint and it looked okay but the best idea that I have seen recently is to "paint" the window. I have done this and it is fairly easy and not too expensive. Here is a link that has some useful information about disguising windows.

www.bobvila.com/.../

Hi, thanks so much for your detailed answer! Will have to speak with the landlord. Thanks again and have a great day!