Cleaning a Poseable Teddy Bear

Category Toys
Some stuffed toys may require special cleaning methods, while others can be tossed into the washer. This is a guide about cleaning a poseable teddy bear.

Can I wash/dry a poseable teddy bear? If so, how? My dd received one that is in dire need of a "bath". Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Janice from IL

Answers

By Scarlet (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I used to wash my sons soft toys some of which were poseable by placing them in a pillowslip and tying it with some string before placing them in the washing machine on a delicate wash.

I never had a problem with them, I hope this works for you.

Best Answer

Janice, buy mesh laundry bags (Dollar tree 3/$1.00). Put a stuffed toy in each bag. Wash in cold water on gentle cycle. Take out of bag and fluff on LOW heat for about 3 minutes then set out to dry. (I let it set for about a week to make sure it's dry inside--outside would probably be better.) When I go to yard sales, I buy the nicest ones, they're really cheap and do this always. It works great and will look brand new.
joanie

Best Answer

Gund sells some shampoo specially for bears, Teddy Bear Friends sell this online, it sounds exactly what you are looking for

www.teddybearfriends.co.uk/

Thank you for the help on this.