Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This morning, the weather was cool and I thought it would be a good time to clean the top of the kitchen stove. The large eye gets used a lot and over a period of time the stove top looks awful with baked on grease around the stove eye. To remove it, I use Easy Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner.
This is what I do to clean the stove top.
1. Raise the kitchen window and turn on the exhaust fan for plenty of ventilation.
2. Remove the drip pans and stove rings.
3. Lift the stove eyes and spray Easy-Off around the eye surfaces. Cover with Glad Cling Wrap. (I hold my breath while doing this.) Let sit for an hour or so. After 30 minutes, you can tell that the grime has loosened by rubbing it with your finger.
4. Put on rubber gloves. Remove the plastic wrap. Wipe up the grime with paper towels or disposable clothes.
5. Wipe surface clean with soapy dish cloth.
6. Replace drip pans and rings and enjoy your achievement.
A stovetop griddle can become covered with burnt on food very easily. With a little degreaser and some scrubbing cleaning a dirty stovetop griddle isn't too hard.
Normal cooking often leaves a greasy film or burned spots on your stove. This is a guide about cleaning grease buildup on a gas stove.
This is a guide about cleaning an enamel stovetop. When cleaning your enamel stovetop you want to use methods and products that will not damage the finish.
The smooth top stove has eliminated the dreaded job of cleaning burners and drip pans. However, this surface does have its own challenges and precautions for cleaning.
Food particles and grease build up on gas stove burners can effect your cooking and be unsightly. A clean burner will help with even heat distribution and the efficiency of your stove. This is a guide about cleaning the burners of a gas stove.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have built up grease on my stovetop that is impossible to remove. Any ideas?
I use oven cleaner to spray the top,inside and the tile wall by the stove and it comes off. I use dollar store spray with windows wide open.
I have got a black, thick grease ring around my stove burners, as if it's charred. Any suggestions for how to remove it?
My stove is white enamel and I used Easy-Off oven cleaner to remove buildup from around the stove eyes. After lifting the eye and removing the pan and ring, I sprayed the enamel with the oven cleaner and put plastic wrap over it and let it sit for a few hours.