Coasters and Pot Holders From Jeans

I cut up old jeans and make coasters and/or pot holders. I make four - 4 1/2 inch squares of the jeans, and one - 4 inch square of any cotton material, then sew around the square and sew from corner to corner so it has a big X through it.

Then I cut small slits on each side and then wet and put in dryer to make the jeans fray. I give as gifts, as a 4 pack of coasters. NFL and college team materials are a great hit! When making pot holders, I cut the squares 8 inches.

By Janelle R. from Waterloo, IA

I love denim projects and a need coasters. Thanks for sharing!

I love this but I don't understand the directions for it! Don't understand 4 blue jean squares and 1 regular square.

I think it means 1 to go in the middle of the other squares :)

I think maybe the four squares would be for the thickness and the 1 regular as a decorative cover.

The instructions are to cut one square from the jeans that is 4.5 inches. The one 4 inch piece of fabric for the center square. Youll stitch the center square all around and from corner to corner to secure it to the jeans. Then youre going to make small slits in the jeans, up to the stitched center square. The jeans square is larger so that it will fray in the dryer up to the center square.

I hope this helps! This is a great Christmas gift idea.

Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 28, 2011
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Coasters-and-Pot-Holders-From-Jeans.html