Coffee Rub Sirloin Steak
A local store had a fantastic sale on prime sirloin steak, so I took advantage and made this recipe. I used Truvia blend instead of brown sugar and used less chili powder than the recipe called for.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes, including resting time
Yield: 4-6 servings
Source: Savory magazine from Stop and Shop
- 2 Tbsp ground coffee
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Mix all the ingredients except the steak and olive oil well in a bowl.
- Put the rub on both sides of the steak and press it into the meat gently. Use all of it.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side. Rotate the steak halfway through.
- The steak is done when the temperature is 125 degrees F.
- Let the steak rest 5 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil before slicing. It will be medium doneness.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!