Coin Purse Made from Hot Glue Sticks
Hot glue sticks are amazing, they are not just glue. They can be made into anything. They are for more than just sticking things into place.
It is something close to plastic and they're water proof so I tried this tricky craft I saw on Facebook to see if it really works.
- 5-6 small hot glue sticks
- flat iron
- 2 pieces parchment paper
- 2 one inch pieces of Magic tape
- coloring materials
- Place one piece of parchment paper onto a flat surface and align hot glue sticks in the center.
- Cover glue sticks with another piece of parchment paper.
- Heat the flat iron and place it over the covered glue. The heat will melt the glue. Wait until it spreads into a thin flat layer under the paper. Try not to.move the iron too much so the paper will not crumple. If this happens it will form wrinkles just like what happened to my project and as this is my first time doing it, that was my first lesson learned.
- Let it cool and peel off the paper.
- Cut the edges straight and one tip into curve.
- Fold it in the form of an envelope.
- Iron the sides to seal.
- Cut two one inch pieces of Magic tape and glue them into place.
- Paint or draw the design of your choice and it's done.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.