Collecting Child Support?

I was wondering is there anything I can do about my ex collecting survivor benefits from her son's biological dad's Social Security and child support from me? I found out my son wasn't mine when he was 5 and shortly after that his mom changed his name cuz she found out his biological dad had passed away so she could receive benefits. I am paying child support for him still while she receives survivor benifits.


He still has his original name also, so idk if he has two socials or one with two names! Is there anything I can do? I just don't think this is fair because I have other children I can do more for.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 220 Answers
July 28, 20150 found this helpful

You can have the child support support order removed as you are not the biological father. You will need an attorney to file the required papers, etc., to move the case through the court system. Be sure to demand that the removal of child support order state specifically that you are not the actual father and you want a reimbursement of all you have paid as you are not the father.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportJuly 28, 2015
Halloween Ideas!
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-20 07:48:06 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.