Collecting State Quarters

Category Miscellaneous
Acquiring the full set of certain kinds of coins can be a fun hobby. This is a guide about collecting state quarters.

Have Alabama state quarters disappeared?

Answers

My mother and I have collected all of the coins put out so far. Grandma hopes to give this to my son whose birthday is on May 28th. Alabama is the only one we couldn't find.

I recently found 2 Alabama quarters I had in some change I had for a long time. I have not seen any of these quarters in a long long time. I too wonder where they are.

I collect these as well. I looked through my extras for you one but I am sorry I do not have an extra Alabama coin. I have received some of mine from coin stores.

I go to the flee market if i can't find the coins. You can get them for 50 cents. I have done this for a while.

Try the bank.

Tip:
my husband collects coins and when he is on the hunt. He buys a few or more rolls of coins from bank.
Then he comes home dumps them on table and
he or we (it is a fun thing) and we search then
we roll up coins and take back to bank and try again.
We really do have fun doing this.

I would like suggestions on how to display the 50 state quarters. Each one is on a flat decorative pewter mounting with a gray ribbon for hanging. Maybe some type of grouping, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Yvonne from El Paso, TX

Answers

My ex-husband used to make fancy wooden display boxes for coin collectors. You just need a block of nice wood & a drill-bit the size of the quarters, a little sanding & varnish & a wire hanger on the back for hanging or 4 corks for feet, and you've got yourself an awesome coin display!

When I decided to collect the state quarters for my grandkids, I found a display board at Target. They are quite large and fold in half, like a game board.

There's a map of the US on it, with quarter-sized holes over/near each state, in which you insert the coins. I've seen them elsewhere for sale too. I suggest you do an online search. Some are more expensive than others. It depends on what kind you want. Good luck.