Color Advice for Kitchen Flooring

I have Cambria Brownhill quartz countertops on pickled oak cabinets with oil rubbed bronze hardware, brown granite sinks, and black appliances. What color floor should I be putting in to blend with everything? I am having a huge problem picking out the floor.

By ramnats from La Salle, IL

Answers:

Color Advice for Kitchen Flooring

As you describe your kitchen, it sounds very lovely. But it also seems that it would be very dark. Even if you have enough natural and electrical lighting to make it seem otherwise, I would consider a very light colored flooring to brighten the area or reflect existing lighting, probably a "sandstone" shade of natural stone or tile with a sandstone look. Something that has only a hint of the darker browns, just enough to compliment the rest of your kitchen, but is still very light in color.

One the other hand, if you really enjoy the darker look, a terracotta colored stone or tile flooring would certainly look well with your other choices. (I'm imaging a Mediterranean style look, of which I also love.)

It's hard to say without pictures, but hope this helps you to make a decision. (11/14/2010)

By KansasCindy