Color Advice for a Princess Room

Choosing the right color for your daughter's "princess room" is a very important part of the decorating process. This is a guide about color advice for a princess room.

I'm getting ready to fix up my little girls room. She is 5 years old and loves princess things (not the Disney princess), glitter, tiara's and all that girly girl stuff. My problem is we don't know what color to paint the walls, either a hot pink or dark purple. All of her furniture is white and I want to keep it that way. I have lots of other cute ideas for the room, but I just don't know what color to paint. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michelle from WV

Answers

Try a light pink or light purple. That way, after you paint the walls, it won't be darker than expected. Personally, I'd do a light pink color.

We did a princess type room for my sister when she was that age .. it was so much fun to put together! For her walls we did a plaid design with pastel pink, lavender and yellow. It was pretty easy to do .. just a bit time consuming and used lots of masking tape!! It turned out so cute plus using more neutral shades made the room "age" with her well .. she's almost 11 now and into flowers and plants and the pastels plaid still looks cute!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Rebekah

My girlfriend did something like this. One purple wall
3 pink walls...then a border just outlined and inside
the border she rubber stamped tiara actually the
5 year old went around stamping. It was adorable.
Your imagination is the limit. Oh she also stamped on plain curtains...

By GRANDMA (Guest Post)

PERSONALLY PINK & PURPLE ARE SO GIRLISH. I AM VERY PRACTICAL & IF YOU WANT IT TO LAST A WHILE TILL SHE IS OLDER I WOULD PAINT IT A SOFT MINT GREEN & ACCENTUATE IT WITH PINK, GREEN & LAVENDER ACCESSORIES.