Color Advice for a Princess Room?

I'm getting ready to fix up my little girls room. She is 5 years old and loves princess things (not the Disney princess), glitter, tiara's and all that girly girl stuff. My problem is we don't know what color to paint the walls, either a hot pink or dark purple. All of her furniture is white and I want to keep it that way. I have lots of other cute ideas for the room, but I just don't know what color to paint. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michelle from WV

Try a light pink or light purple. That way, after you paint the walls, it won't be darker than expected. Personally, I'd do a light pink color.

We did a princess type room for my sister when she was that age .. it was so much fun to put together! For her walls we did a plaid design with pastel pink, lavender and yellow. It was pretty easy to do .. just a bit time consuming and used lots of masking tape!! It turned out so cute plus using more neutral shades made the room "age" with her well .. she's almost 11 now and into flowers and plants and the pastels plaid still looks cute!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Rebekah

My girlfriend did something like this. One purple wall
3 pink walls...then a border just outlined and inside
the border she rubber stamped tiara actually the
5 year old went around stamping. It was adorable.
Your imagination is the limit. Oh she also stamped on plain curtains...

By GRANDMA (Guest Post)

PERSONALLY PINK & PURPLE ARE SO GIRLISH. I AM VERY PRACTICAL & IF YOU WANT IT TO LAST A WHILE TILL SHE IS OLDER I WOULD PAINT IT A SOFT MINT GREEN & ACCENTUATE IT WITH PINK, GREEN & LAVENDER ACCESSORIES.

By (Guest Post)

I did the same themed room for my daughter. We painted the walls a light purple and the woodwork as well as molding around windows a light pink.

I made curtains from a light sheer material and tied them back with purple satin ribbon with a bow on the top place in the middle of the rod.

I also used handmade floral head wreaths with purple and floral ribbon and hung them on the sides of the curtains.

We placed a canopy (KB toy store) that has crowns on the material and a feather ring around the top.

She loves it and it goes well with her butterfly and flower bedding and mathing area rug..

That way only some of the items need to be updated as she gets older and just keep in mind paint is cheap but accessories are not so get creative..

By Jen (Guest Post)

I just did my daughters room I didnt want her to out grow it so we did the 2 walls a bright pink and left the other 2 white it looked really nice after we finished and it isnt overwheming in too much pink. The walls with pink we had the trim of the windows, the closet and doors are white.

From a Guest Poster: I would go with the dark purple. After all purple is the royal color and I think it would be more soothing to enter a purple room then a shocking pink one which could be disorienting.

plus Pink is not a very diplomatic color and has such strong things that it stands for purple on the other hand is flexable with your childs change of intrests.

By gerard saydon (Guest Post)

I whant to paint my daughters room . And i already have green fitted carpet and pink and light purple curtains.what colour do you think i shall paint wall.

By Sandi (Guest Post)

Hi! I am working on my 3 1/2 year old's room right now. I just got done painting three of the four walls a "cotton candy" pink. The reason I did her room in pink is because it has been her favorite color (and probably will be for a while!). It isn't so dark that it will be hard to change later on either. On the other wall, we will be painting "Princess Stuff".

I already have plans to put a mirror up and a tree with leaves hanging down from the ceiling. We want to go with the Snow White theme with those two, as well as others. I also plan to get her a pink canopy for above her bed. She already has princess bedding (just princess-from walmart) that matches the pink on her walls as well as a lighter purple that we will be accenting the room with.

By Michelle KS (Guest Post)

We just recently painted our 4 year old daughters room pinwheel pink for her princess pink color. Glidden makes the color (pinwheel) and we bought it at home depot. The color came out really cute! It would look good with the white furniture that you spoke of.

By giasmomma (Guest Post)

i am looking to do my daughters room with the Princess ideas,
her favorite color is Purple.

we have oak trim and her bed and dressers are oak.
Needless to say daddy does not want me to paint any of the Trim
so i was thinking a different color purple for all walls
total of 6
too much?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

By zatie (Guest Post)

My daughter has white furniture and I painted her bedroom walls purple. It was the disney color enchanted purple and looks great. NOt to dark and not to light. You can have pink curtains and a colorful comforter in different colors to enhance the color of the walls. The ceiling would be half color of the original paint. Good Luck

By Brandi (Guest Post)

My little girl is 7 and I just redid her room. We did a bubble gum pink and khaki wide stripe with white accents. It looks awesome! I'll try to post a pic tomorrow!

By Ava's Dad (Guest Post)

We went with a purple, with a hint of pink. We orginally were going to go with a cotton candy pink, but thought it was nausating to look at after a while. The purple contrasted the pink accents in a very cute way. I had many people comment on how adorble her room looked.

By Christina (Guest Post)

Well, we just did our 3 year old twin girls' room. We decided to do a princess theme. The walls are all like a princess pink, and one wall is white and it has life size wall stick on things of all of the disney princesses. They look like they are actually in her room. Toward the bottom of the wall we put all the fun little characters from the movies like, the seven dwarfs, the mice from cinderella and cute things like that.

It all looks so cute when you buy all the bedding and put all of the little accessories in the room. If you do a theme room try to make sure that you stick to the theme throughout the room or it wont turn out to great. Try it out though, it looks great and the girls absolutely love it.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Kids SpaceAugust 19, 2005
🐰
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf874386.tip.html