Themed Bedroom Ideas for Girls

Category Bedroom
Selecting a theme is a great way to begin, when decorating a girl's room. This is a guide about themed bedroom ideas for girls.

I am doing a new horse theme for my room. I really am not sure what do get for it. Like sheets, wallpaper,etc. But, I was thinking about green turf. Also, how should I do it? We want to get it done by the summer.

Thanks!
Caroline from Carlisle, PA

Answers

Paint horse fencing along the bottom part of the wall.

How about hardwood floors (barnfloor). A wooden bed. Mint green walls, with wooden trim in corners & top of walls. A paper border about a foot down from the ceiling, with horses/ponies on it. Pictures of them on the walls as well, with lots of grass in the pictures & maybe flowers (wildflowers). Have some wildflowers, real or silk, in vases in your room. Have real horseshoes over the door & windows.

In your browser line on your computer, type in the name WALLIES and check out their site. They will also send you a free catalog. I ordered the horse wallpaper murals from them for my computer room. They are probably about 28" tall and come in a set of two. They look great and all you have to do is wet them and press them on the wall and they don't come loose. I have them plus a border that I chose to put up by the ceiling. Lots of compliments and some friends even copied my theme. You will love them. They also have many different themes for whatever you need. Enjoy!!

my idea was the horseshoe, maybe u could clean some up and put pictures in them to make unique picture frames

I'm getting ready to fix up my little girls room. She is 5 years old and loves princess things (not the Disney princess), glitter, tiara's and all that girly girl stuff. My problem is we don't know what color to paint the walls, either a hot pink or dark purple. All of her furniture is white and I want to keep it that way. I have lots of other cute ideas for the room, but I just don't know what color to paint. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michelle from WV

Answers

Try a light pink or light purple. That way, after you paint the walls, it won't be darker than expected. Personally, I'd do a light pink color.

We did a princess type room for my sister when she was that age .. it was so much fun to put together! For her walls we did a plaid design with pastel pink, lavender and yellow. It was pretty easy to do .. just a bit time consuming and used lots of masking tape!! It turned out so cute plus using more neutral shades made the room "age" with her well .. she's almost 11 now and into flowers and plants and the pastels plaid still looks cute!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Rebekah

My girlfriend did something like this. One purple wall
3 pink walls...then a border just outlined and inside

the border she rubber stamped tiara actually the
5 year old went around stamping. It was adorable.
Your imagination is the limit. Oh she also stamped on plain curtains...

PERSONALLY PINK & PURPLE ARE SO GIRLISH. I AM VERY PRACTICAL & IF YOU WANT IT TO LAST A WHILE TILL SHE IS OLDER I WOULD PAINT IT A SOFT MINT GREEN & ACCENTUATE IT WITH PINK, GREEN & LAVENDER ACCESSORIES.

I did the same themed room for my daughter. We painted the walls a light purple and the woodwork as well as molding around windows a light pink.

I made curtains from a light sheer material and tied them back with purple satin ribbon with a bow on the top place in the middle of the rod.

I also used handmade floral head wreaths with purple and floral ribbon and hung them on the sides of the curtains.

We placed a canopy (KB toy store) that has crowns on the material and a feather ring around the top.

She loves it and it goes well with her butterfly and flower bedding and mathing area rug..

That way only some of the items need to be updated as she gets older and just keep in mind paint is cheap but accessories are not so get creative..

I just did my daughters room I didnt want her to out grow it so we did the 2 walls a bright pink and left the other 2 white it looked really nice after we finished and it isnt overwheming in too much pink. The walls with pink we had the trim of the windows, the closet and doors are white.

From a Guest Poster: I would go with the dark purple. After all purple is the royal color and I think it would be more soothing to enter a purple room then a shocking pink one which could be disorienting. plus Pink is not a very diplomatic color and has such strong things that it stands for purple on the other hand is flexable with your childs change of intrests.

I whant to paint my daughters room . And i already have green fitted carpet and pink and light purple curtains.what colour do you think i shall paint wall.

Hi! I am working on my 3 1/2 year old's room right now. I just got done painting three of the four walls a "cotton candy" pink. The reason I did her room in pink is because it has been her favorite color (and probably will be for a while!). It isn't so dark that it will be hard to change later on either. On the other wall, we will be painting "Princess Stuff". I already have plans to put a mirror up and a tree with leaves hanging down from the ceiling. We want to go with the Snow White theme with those two, as well as others. I also plan to get her a pink canopy for above her bed. She already has princess bedding (just princess-from walmart) that matches the pink on her walls as well as a lighter purple that we will be accenting the room with.

We just recently painted our 4 year old daughters room pinwheel pink for her princess pink color. Glidden makes the color (pinwheel) and we bought it at home depot. The color came out really cute! It would look good with the white furniture that you spoke of.

i am looking to do my daughters room with the Princess ideas,
her favorite color is Purple.
we have oak trim and her bed and dressers are oak.
Needless to say daddy does not want me to paint any of the Trim
so i was thinking a different color purple for all walls
total of 6
too much?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I am a 9 year old girl. I love any thing that has to do with music, taking pictures, and hanging posters. But I have a problem. My room has no actual theme at all. Please tell me... What do I do?

Thanks,
Dana from New Lenox, IL

Answers

If you like to take pictures , treat your room as a studio. Blow up photos, collect old cameras, they are cheap, and use your photos as collections on your walls.

My oldest is 8 so I haven't done a big girl's room yet but I've done a circus theme room, pink hearts & roses, tea party, a garden room, and a transportation theme. I haven't finished my 8 year old's current room but to start with, we found a comforter set that we like and we've been getting stuff to coordinate with that. It has roses & stripes & polka dots in green, pink and red. The main thing is to start with something you really like. The hearts & roses room started from a pretty rug I had. The garden room started with a bed frame (found lots of cute accessories like painted bird houses, etc in the garden section of stores). From that one thing that you have or one idea, start looking for things in places other than traditional room decorating areas in stores. For music, you could decorate with old CD's, get some sheet music and stick it up as a wall border, use only black and white, things like that. The 2 key things are to look everywhere for things that tie in to the idea or item you start with and to pick 2 or 3 main colors and coordinate everything with those. Search internet sites for decorating kids rooms or teen rooms & you might find ideas there as well. Don't get caught up buying a whole line of matching everything (comforter, curtains, accessories, etc) from one store. It gets expensive and it limits your choices. Get one or two things from a matching line, then coordinate w/ other brands or items. Good luck and have fun!

how about this.instead of hanging the pictures on the wall, get a large board and place ribbons criss crossing. then you can place diffrent pictures when it suits your fancy and not have to stick to 1 theme. also avoids holes in the wall. have more than 1 and place diffrent things on them.

For someone who loves music you could do a music theme. Paint large music notes on the walls, or have a sheet music border around the wall near the celing or both. Then leave room for posters of your favorite music groups. To hang your picture that you have taken hang a piece or ribbon, yarn or fishing line between two nails. Decorate clothes pins to look like music notes (cut back cardstock into the shape of music notes and glue to a clothes pin) and use the clothes pins to pin your photographs up to the string. You can have your line up against the wall or you can have it cross your room like a clothes line (just hung high enough so nobody hurts them self).
I hope this helps
stella

My daughter did this in her room: went to a thrift store and bought records - 45's and 33's and used them to decorate her room. You could make a border halfway up the wall and then use posters of your favorite music groups to decorate one of your walls. On another of your walls you could use the records as picture frames if you could get someone to help you cut them.

I am doing a Paris themed room. Does anyone have any bedspread ideas?

By livetoshop from CA

I want to redecorate my 5 year old daughter's room with a dance theme. She takes tap and jazz, but not ballet yet. I am looking for decor ideas that can incorporate the various styles of dance, not just ballet. Any suggestions?

By Sam from Westland, MI