Cooking TipsFood Tips

Cooking Frozen Corn on the Cob

Category Cooking Tips

I was reading the article about freezing corn on the cob, written by Harlean from Hot Springs, AR. When I get fresh corn I like to cook it by baking it with the husks on in the oven. I saw this on the Food Network and it works great. I was wondering if instead of using the microwave as the article says, could you bake it in the oven? Would you have to let it thaw first, or would you just bake it longer?

By Darlene

I've never had the best luck with freezing fresh corn, which is a bummer because you can get a case of 50 for around 8 or 9 dollars here in CA! However, you said baking, cooking in a microwave isn't baking, it's steaming more like. So are you baking it in an oven now or in the microwave? I'm not sure freezing with the husk on would work either, take up a lot of space that is for sure! I look forward to answers you might get!