Cooking With Ground Turkey

How do you crumble ground turkey finely?

By Pam

If you need to brown the turkey, do so over low heat and mash with a fork while stirring steadily. If you just need it cooked, cook in a saucepan in a cup of water, stirring constantly until the meat is no longer pink. Drain and use in your recipe. If you make homemade soup, save the water to add to the next pot. Hope this helps.

I use turkey for every thing. You do it exactly like ground red meat, it just has so much less fat. Doesnt brown the same color as red meat either. Cook until not pink. I use a spatula over medium to low heat,stirring until done. You'll notice there isn't any fat, if you have any just drain as you would with red meat.

You can take turkey breasts if have food processor (great blender like I do) it will grind into ground meat. Substitute turkey for any recipe that calls for ground meat. Sorry, I don't use water to cook mine, here are 2 ways sure one will work great for you.
Good luck, I love using turkey sure you will, too !

I use a good old fashioned potato masher to break down ground beef and ground turkey, when cooking.