Cooking a Turkey in an Electric Roaster?

0
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

Is it quicker to cook a turkey in an electric roaster?

By Denise

Best Answer

I use electric roaster whenever I roast turkey. It frees my oven to do last minute dressing, which we like to be baked in a biscuit pan rather than in the turkey, and to bake last minute dishes to keep them hot. I always put a bout 1 to 2 qts of water in bottom of roaster pan and put salt and pepper on the turkey. I turn the turkey breast down and roast at 350 degrees until it falls off bone. A 20 lb turkey will take about 4 to 5 hours. It will not be sliceable but if you let it set after cooking for about 30 without taking the lid off, it will be moist and very tender. On occasion I have cooked it from frozen state without taking the giblets or liver out of the cavity. No problem with the tase. Don't be afraid to put enough salt and pepper to make it taste good. The broth is really good to make the dressing, which I make from scratch.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsNovember 27, 2010
😎
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cooking-a-Turkey-in-an-Electric-Roaster.html