Corn and Sweet Basil Savory Bread
Try making this gluten-free corn and sweet basil bread. It is a savory baked loaf that would be delicious with soup, stew or just by itself.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
May 14, 2016
This corn and sweet basil bread is a good gluten free side dish to make when having a barbecue. It can also be served as a stand-alone dish, especially when served with butter and cheese, or with butter and biltong* powder.
Total Time: 50 minutes, baking time included
Yield: 9-10 slices of bread, depending on how thick the slices are
- 600 g Organic Gluten Free Pizza & Pastry Multimix
- 1 can (410g) whole corn kernel, drained
- 2 beaten eggs
- 100 ml cooking oil
- 60 ml milk
- 30 ml soda water (carbonated water)
- 15 mg finely chopped fresh parsley
- 5 mg dried chopped sweet basil
- 2.5 mg hot English mustard powder
- 1 mg salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- paprika to dust the top of the bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the corn kernels.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix well together.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch bread loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan. Dust the top with paprika.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until test skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Serve warm with butter.
*Biltong is a dried, cured meat that originated in South Africa.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.