Cornflake Crusted Cinnamon French Toast
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 31, 2019
Coating your French toast in lightly crushed cornflakes before cooking them is wonderful! You get a soft custardy inside and an exterior that has a lovely crunch with a fabulous nutty flavour. These go great with any number of toppings: fruit, syrups, honey, whipped cream, or powdered sugar. These don't have to be a morning treat as they actually make a superb dessert, as well!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 pieces of French toast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 6 slices Texas Toast (or sliced bread of your choice)
- oil for frying
- your choice of toppings
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, egg, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Place a wide bowl or plate containing your crushed cornflakes next to this mixture.
- Dunk a piece of bread into the wet mixture. Flip over and coat the other side. Allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place wet piece of bread into the cornflakes, flip and coat the other side.
- Heat some oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the coated piece of bread. Cook for about 90 seconds.
- Flip over and cook another 90 seconds, until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and continue with the rest of the bread.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings. If you have any leftover, they crisp back up nicely in the toaster oven.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.