Coroughnuts (Corona Doughnuts)

I was thinking of making doughnuts formed like corona virus to make our snack time fun. It was actually an experiment but surprisingly, it turned out really good and my boys loved it. I named it coroughnuts.

Doughnuts

1. Combine flour, sugar and salt.
    2. Put yeast into warm water or milk and set aside for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to form bubbles.
    3. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture.
    4. Add egg and melted butter.
    5. Mix well until evenly combined. And forms a dough.
    6. Advertisement

7. Knead for 5 minutes and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for one hour or until size doubles.
    8. Punch dough to release air. Knead again for 5 minutes. You might want to add some more flour if it's too soft.
    9. Take a small portion of the dough and form into a ball. Pinch to make spikes around the ball.
    10. Drop it straight to boiling oil and fry until brown.
    11. Place cooked doughnuts in a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil.
    12. Advertisement

Butternut Caramel

1. To make the caramel you'll need butternut coating. I have had some leftovers from my previous recipe. Take a look in here to see how it is made. https://www.thriftyfun.com/Choco-Butternut-Munchkins.html
    2. Combine butternut coating, brown sugar and water in a saucepan.
    3. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and stir until sauce is thick.
    4. Remove from heat and add butter.
    5. Dip each doughnuts in caramel.
    6. Serve and enjoy!

Food and Recipes RecipesMay 5, 2020
    🌻
    👒
    👔
    😷
    🐛

Generated 2020-05-07 08:17:19 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

RecipesFood and Recipes