Crafting Supplies from Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment
A project with baking soda and vinegar can also include paper shapes and food coloring to produce some fun decorations for making a card. This is a guide about crafting supplies from baking soda and vinegar experiment
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a fun indoor experiment for your kids to do and then you can make a nice card or decoration too. They will be exploring the chemical reactions of baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring - fun fizzing!
Total Time: 40 minutes
- baking soda
- food coloring
- square glass pan or foil pan
- plastic circle containers
- Cut out the shape or design that your child would be interested in decorating. We went with heart shapes. Place your shapes into the pan.
- Cover each heart shape with baking soda.
- Fill small containers with some vinegar and food coloring. Have your child use a pipette and experiment to see the fizzing.
- After your child is finished experimenting you can pick up the heart shapes and place on a white piece of paper or card stock and you'll have pretty results after dried! This can be used to make a card or stationary paper.
- Or you can make heart decoration by taping the hearts on a string.