Creamy Blue Cheese Celery Soup

I discovered this soup when looking for ways to use up an excess of celery. It makes an elegant lunch or first course for a special dinner. It would have been wonderful with a slice of crusty bread or croutons.

1. Chop entire head of celery in very short sections. Larger sections may leave long strings in your soup, even after cooking and blending. Chop onions and potatoes, and mince garlic.
  2. Heat butter in a stockpot. Add vegetables and sauté until softened but not browning, about 5 minutes.
  3. Advertisement

4. Add about half the blue cheese, apple juice and stock. Bring just to a boil then simmer the soup until the vegetables are very soft, 20-30 minutes.
  5. Transfer soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to pureé the mixture. If you wish to skip this step, it's just as delicious with larger pieces of vegetable.
  6. Put the mixture back in the stockpot and rewarm it with the remaining blue cheese crumbles and half and half. You can also save the remaining blue cheese to add directly to the serving of soup.
  7. Advertisement

Read More or Comment...

I will have to try this soup. I love celery, and I love Blue cheese. I cook for one, so I suggest that if you want to make a smaller batch that you chop the celery, use enough for your recipe and freeze the rest on a cookie sheet and once frozen store it in a ziplock bag for more batches. I have been freezing celery for a long time to add to my vegetable soup.

Viewing This Page
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableApril 10, 2020
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Creamy-Blue-Cheese-Celery-Soup-1.html