Creamy Ginger Parsnip Soup
Try this super easy-to-make, delicious, anti-oxidant packed soup. The ginger gives the complex parsnip root a lovely zing, while a touch of butter and cream brings it all together. We are loving this soup right now as we are fighting allergies and mini colds. True comfort in a bowl!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 parsnips, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley to serve
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and cook bout 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Grate ginger into pot and stir well. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add parsnips and cook a few minutes, stirring.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower and simmer for about 25 minutes, until parsnips are softened.
- Use emersion blender or pour into standing blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add butter and cream. Blend until silky. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped parsley.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!