Creamy Ginger Parsnip Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
May 29, 2020
Try this super easy-to-make, delicious, anti-oxidant packed soup. The ginger gives the complex parsnip root a lovely zing, while a touch of butter and cream brings it all together. We are loving this soup right now as we are fighting allergies and mini colds. True comfort in a bowl!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 parsnips, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley to serve
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and cook bout 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Grate ginger into pot and stir well. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add parsnips and cook a few minutes, stirring.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower and simmer for about 25 minutes, until parsnips are softened.
- Use emersion blender or pour into standing blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add butter and cream. Blend until silky. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls garnished with chopped parsley.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.