Creative Lasagna Recipes

I had a big summer squash, leftover turkey breast, and leftover cheese. I decided to try putting them together lasagne style, and was pleased with the results. The squash replaces the noodles, so it is low in carbs. You can vary the cheeses, meats, and seasonings. I had basil and kale, so I added them in as well. If I had have ricotta or cottage cheese I would have used that, too.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Source: Self

• 1 zucchini or yellow squash
  • leftover meat (I used turkey breast)
  • any other vegetables you wish to add
  • shredded cheeses of your choice(I used cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan)
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste
  • 1 jar of pasta sauce

1. Cut the squash the long way to resemble lasagne noodles.
  2. Coat the bottom of an 8 x 8 in. pan with pasta sauce.
  3. Place a layer of noodles on the bottom. Cut to fit if necessary.
  4. Add other vegetables if using. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste.
  5. Add a layer of meat.
  6. Repeat with a second layer.
  7. Finish with a layer of pasta sauce on top.
  8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
  9. Bake in 350 F oven until done; about 35 minutes.

More Solutions

Easy to make and delicious to eat. Enjoy!

Brown meat in large skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and sauces. Grease two 9x13 inch baking dishes. Boil large noodles. Layer noodles, meat sauce, and grated cheese into both dishes.

For people who cannot eat red meat try this: In a saucepan, saute onion and green peppers in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Remove from heat; stir in soup, milk, pimentos and basil.

Brown hamburger and onion and drain off grease. Cook noodles while hamburger is browning. Add all above ingredients except cooked noodles. Simmer 15 minutes.

I like pizza lasagna because it is a combination of pizza and lasagna. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, brown and drain ground beef, sausage, and bacon. Crumble bacon in a large bowl.

Mix soup and milk, cook beef in skillet until brown, drain. Stir in pasta sauce spread 1 cup meat mixture into 8 inch square baking dish.

15 Questions

I need an all-mozzarella lasagna recipe for someone who won't eat ricotta or cottage cheese. Thanks.

Kay from New Haven, NY

Answers

Why not just substitute 'extra' mozzarella for the ricotta or cottage cheese?

By tish (Guest Post)

I agree..if i had to do this i would get a bag of finely shredded mozzarella and mix the egg with that. I think it would still be very tasty. People should learn to not be so bossy when they are not the ones buying or making something.

Question. Do you cook your noodles before putting it all together?

By Mary Ann. (Guest Post)

Before I really knew about ricotta cheese and all being in Lasagna I made it with meat sauce and layered it and mozz and lasagna I did not use the other stuff. I liked it a lot that way. Mary Ann Hannibal, N Y

For tish:

Yes, cook the lasagna noodles first before layering ;-)

Making the Lasagna, and just omitting the mozzarella sounds like a good idea! I just came across a recipe that caught my eye, but I haven't tried it yet. Go to(Goggle) "Christina Cooks" and look for the "Rich, Tasty, Creamy, Yummy Lasagna". It uses tofu - my grandaughter can not digest milk products - now that is a challange!

I agree with Tish - about making something for someone who is just picky - dietary restrictions are acceptable to me, but not so much with picky - I just find something else to make them!

Answer this Question

I am allergic to tomatoes and related products. What can I add to mince to make lasagna?

By barb from Castlemaine, Vic

Answers

Use an alfredo sauce. It's yummy.

If you Google 'tomato free pasta sauce' you will find oodles of ideas. :-)

Answer this Question

Mexican Lasagna can be made in a variety of ways but uses common taco or burrito ingredients in place of traditional Italian ones. This page contains recipes for Mexican (taco) lasagna.

Mexican lasagna on a plate.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Lasagna is a wonderfully versatile Italian dish. Try this variation with zucchini, carrot, and rotini pasta. This page contains zucchini and carrot rotini lasagna recipe.

Zucchini and Carrot Rotini Lasagna Recipe

This delicious meatless lasagne includes squash and pumpkin puree for a nice change of taste. This page contains a pumpkin parmesan lasagne recipe.

Pumpkin Parmesan Lasagne

You can still make a delicious lasagna casserole even if you don't have the traditional lasagna noodle on hand. This is a page about alternatives to lasagna noodles.

Various Types of Noodles

This page contains low carb lasagna recipes. You can reduce your carbs and have your lasagna too.

Zucchini Lasagna

Food and Recipes Recipes PastasMarch 11, 2014
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Creative-Lasagna-Recipes.html