Creative Lasagna Recipes

Category Pastas
There is really not just one way to make a lasagna. Try your hand at creating your own unique variations on this popular dish. This page contains creative lasagna recipes.

I had a big summer squash, leftover turkey breast, and leftover cheese. I decided to try putting them together lasagne style, and was pleased with the results. The squash replaces the noodles, so it is low in carbs. You can vary the cheeses, meats, and seasonings. I had basil and kale, so I added them in as well. If I had have ricotta or cottage cheese I would have used that, too.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

Source: Self

• 1 zucchini or yellow squash
  • leftover meat (I used turkey breast)
  • any other vegetables you wish to add
  • shredded cheeses of your choice(I used cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan)
  • salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste
  • 1 jar of pasta sauce

1. Cut the squash the long way to resemble lasagne noodles.
  2. Coat the bottom of an 8 x 8 in. pan with pasta sauce.
  3. Place a layer of noodles on the bottom. Cut to fit if necessary.
  4. Add other vegetables if using. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste.
  5. Add a layer of meat.
  6. Repeat with a second layer.
  7. Ad

8. Finish with a layer of pasta sauce on top.
  9. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
  10. Bake in 350 F oven until done; about 35 minutes.

Easy to make and delicious to eat. Enjoy!

• 1 bunch English spinach
  • 200 grams (about 7 oz.) pumpkin, thinly sliced
  • 500 grams (about 1 lb.) fresh ricotta
  • Ad

• 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped)
  • 375 gram (about 13 oz.) packet fresh lasagne sheets*
  • 1 kilo (2+ lbs.) ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced)
  • 125 grams (about 4.5 oz) mozzarella cheese, grated
*Editor's Note: For dry noodles, cook before using.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease the base of a 19 cm square (8x8 inch) ovenproof dish.

Trim stems from spinach, wash well and squeeze out excess water. Set aside. Cook the pumpkin slices in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.

Place ricotta, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, egg and basil into a bowl and mix together.

Place a layer of fresh lasagne into the dish, trim off to fit. Spread with half of the ricotta mixture and top with the spinach and half of the tomato. Cover with a second layer of lasagne.

Spread remaining ricotta mixture on the lasagne sheet and follow with a layer of pumpkin. Cover with another layer of pasta.

Top with the remaining tomato slices, mozzarella and parmesan.

Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 Minutes

Source: Supermarket leaflet.

By Lorraine from Perth, Western Australia

Brown meat in large skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and sauces. Grease two 9x13 inch baking dishes. Boil large noodles. Layer noodles, meat sauce, and grated cheese into both dishes.

For people who cannot eat red meat try this: In a saucepan, saute onion and green peppers in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Remove from heat; stir in soup, milk, pimentos and basil.

Lasagna is a wonderfully versatile Italian dish. Try this variation with zucchini, carrot, and rotini pasta. This page contains zucchini and carrot rotini lasagna recipe.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains a pumpkin parmesan lasagne recipe. This delicious meatless lasagne includes squash and pumpkin puree for a nice change of taste.

This is a guide about alternatives to lasagna noodles. You can still make a delicious lasagna casserole even if you don't have the traditional lasagna noodle on hand.

This page contains low carb lasagna recipes. You can reduce your carbs and have your lasagna too.

I love all kinds of lasagna recipes! I have so many and seriously, I don't think I've found one yet that I didn't like. Such a great pot luck dish!

Brown hamburger and onion and drain off grease. Cook noodles while hamburger is browning. Add all above ingredients except cooked noodles. Simmer 15 minutes.

I like pizza lasagna because it is a combination of pizza and lasagna. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.

While noodles are cooking, brown and drain ground beef, sausage, and bacon. Crumble bacon in a large bowl.

Mix soup and milk, cook beef in skillet until brown, drain. Stir in pasta sauce spread 1 cup meat mixture into 8 inch square baking dish.

I need an all-mozzarella lasagna recipe for someone who won't eat ricotta or cottage cheese. Thanks.

Kay from New Haven, NY

Answers

Anonymous

Why not just substitute 'extra' mozzarella for the ricotta or cottage cheese?

By tish (Guest Post)

I agree..if i had to do this i would get a bag of finely shredded mozzarella and mix the egg with that. I think it would still be very tasty. People should learn to not be so bossy when they are not the ones buying or making something.

Question. Do you cook your noodles before putting it all together?

By Mary Ann. (Guest Post)

Before I really knew about ricotta cheese and all being in Lasagna I made it with meat sauce and layered it and mozz and lasagna I did not use the other stuff. I liked it a lot that way. Mary Ann Hannibal, N Y

Anonymous

For tish:

Yes, cook the lasagna noodles first before layering ;-)

Making the Lasagna, and just omitting the mozzarella sounds like a good idea! I just came across a recipe that caught my eye, but I haven't tried it yet. Go to(Goggle) "Christina Cooks" and look for the "Rich, Tasty, Creamy, Yummy Lasagna". It uses tofu - my grandaughter can not digest milk products - now that is a challange!

I agree with Tish - about making something for someone who is just picky - dietary restrictions are acceptable to me, but not so much with picky - I just find something else to make them!

I am allergic to tomatoes and related products. What can I add to mince to make lasagna?

By barb from Castlemaine, Vic

Answers

Use an alfredo sauce. It's yummy.

Anonymous

If you Google 'tomato free pasta sauce' you will find oodles of ideas. :-)