Creative Sandwich Ideas

Category Helpful Hints
Don't let your sandwiches get too boring; use some creative additions to perk them up. This is a page about creative sandwich ideas.

As a way to keep food costs down, I make sandwiches at home to take to work daily. As we all know, there are only so many 'choices' of sandwiches, which, in my case, became too routine and boring - your typical chicken, ham, turkey, etc. I decided to 'kick it up' a notch, by sprinkling different spices right onto my sandwich meat when I make them (along with mayonnaise, mustard, or whatever spread sounds right).

For example, if I'm having chicken, I will add one of the following: sage, curry, paprika, lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, chili powder, ginger, garlic, Cajun, and so on.

Everyone's tastes are different so you will need to find the spices that work for you. Your imagination is the limit. By the time lunch arrives, the flavors have blended well enough to give it that extra 'punch' that I need to take it from boring to interesting, and NO extra calories! Works for me!

By Patty from Illinois

I like to put black olives on my sandwiches, I found this great recipe incorporating olives and mayo. I take my sandwiches to work so I leave out the garlic.

Directions:

Process until smooth.

By Vicki

I like just a little bit of mustard on my sandwiches, but I found that it soaks into one spot, making an overpowering taste in a single bite. Now, I start with a thin layer of margarine or mayo, and then spread just a little mustard on top. It goes on more smoothly, and my sandwiches taste great, with just a TOUCH of mustard!

By zballoongirl

For something a little different, try putting a good, rich Bleu cheese salad dressing on rye or whole grain bread when you make patty melts. Just use it in place of mayo or ketchup.

Plain sandwiches can get boring: Bring a mini sub instead! I like to get the packages of mini bolo loaves (or you can use dinner rolls) in the bakery section of the grocery store. I slice them in half like hamburger buns.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJanuary 3, 2013
📓
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Creative-Sandwich-Ideas.html