Creative Storage Ideas

I have a lot of these shelf units. The cool thing about them is the support rods have holes in the shelves themselves. Using two Dollar Tree hooks that normally go over the door, I found that I can use something to make a rod and hang a bunch of things like: hammers, tape, ribbon, scissors, kitchen utensils, and so much more.

For simplicity sake, I hung all the things in this list in one shot, but you could make one on each side of the shelf unit if there is room and have one thing on each one.

I hope this helps.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

12 More Solutions

The plastic zippered bags that sheets come in are wonderful as carriers for a shower, (towel, bath items, etc.)

If you are low on storage, like me, you can take a towel rack or two and attach them to the back of your bedroom door to hold any extra blankets or comforters from your bed.

I purchased several photo boxes at Walmart, that has a label holder on the front. I got them all the same color so they would blend in with my wall color.

This organizes my craft supplies. I can replace the paper label and change it anytime.

Woman sitting in front of pink, labelled photo boxes

I have posted about moving things in other things to keep them protected. This is as handy to have in that little place in the back of your mind you keep tips! I had jars, small balls of thread and just incorporated them!

Empty bottles with skeins of yarn stored inside.

The best way I've found so far to store unused cookware, is on a chain (nail was already there) using older metal shower curtain rings through the hole in the pot handle.

Pots hanging from a chain in the kitchen.

I recently found this wonderful little shelf unit at a thrift store, where else? I tried hanging it on the wall but nothing fit inside.

Then I remembered that I take 5 meds every morning and decided to put it on the counter.

Containers with pills inside.

How about brainstorming on how to find more storage room? To start off, I hide stacks of magazines, books, or baskets of knitting, underneath floor-length tablecloths.

Sometimes, people leave things in the apartments I live in. These Dollar Tree hooks and an old curtain rod gave me more space in my closet.

Two jackets hanging from unit.

I store all my dry foods in glass bottles, often in quart sealers. I ran out of room, so I opened up a small blank wall by cutting into the drywall.

This exposed the 2x4s. Between each blank space, I installed shelves made of 1x4s.

A few years ago, a friend gave me a Christmas gift which was a deluxe assortment of nuts and candied nuts. They came in a round, thick, tough, plastic container with 6 sections and a lid.

Reusing food containers and various packaging is one way to find free or inexpensive storage options. This is a page about storage ideas using common household items.

Organizing items in an over the door shoe organizer.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Reuse decorated empty food cans as vertical space saving storage to organize. Remove labels, wash cans and let dry, choose a peel and stick paper that matches your theme, and cover your cans.

Painted Tin Can Wall Storage

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Organizing AdviceSeptember 7, 2011
😷
🌻
🎂
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000519.tip.html