Crockpot Baked Potatoes

7
Share
Pin
13
Save
Follow
Print

In the past, I seldom baked potatoes because it takes so long to bake them in the oven, however, I do love them. Today, I tried baking some in the crockpot and they were scrumptious.

To prepare the potatoes for baking, wash them and dry them off. Rub a little olive oil on the skin and sprinkle with salt. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place in the crockpot. For 3 large potatoes, I baked them on high for 4 hours. They turned out perfect.

I have added baking potatoes to my grocery list. We will be eating lots of baked potatoes now that I have discovered I can bake them in the crockpot.

Sounds great. And I'll wager you saved on your energy bill, too. Plus you wont be heating up the kitchen in the summer time when you want baked potatoes.

LG, you are a caution!

When the weather gets hot, I put my crock pot on my screen porch to cook in it. It's great for cooking corn on the cob as well.

Hi, what is your recipe Time etc for corn on the cob in crockpot? LOVE CORN

6 ears corn and 2 cups water. Cook on high for 4 hours. I'll never boil corn on the cob again. Love it this way and I can mow grass while cooking it!!

hi im new to slowcooking!could you tell me-do you not need to add any water?i think your"crockpot"is similar to our"slowcooker" here in england?i love baked potatoes!xx

I did not put any water in the crockpot.

I'm going to try the baked potatoes for sure and since this seems to works so well I think I might try some Hobo dinners also.
Thanks for all your lovey easy recipes.
Betty

Great. Let us know how the Hobo dinners turn out. I would like to try that too.

Hi - I tried a form of Hobo dinner as I had chicken but no hamburger. I cooked Hobos almost exactly as you stated in your post and 5 'guests' loved them - soo easy and hardly any clean up.
Since I had never tried chicken like this I found a recipe and used it as a guide for preparing the Hobos.

therecipecritic.com/.../

I'll have to try that. We love chicken most any way it is prepared and this sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

I've baked potatoes with this method for several years. I also fix sweet potatoes and onions. For the onions, I peel, hollow, fill with butter, sprinkle with seasonings, wrap in foil. I also make foil meals regularly.

Thank you!! That is great to know. I will surely be trying it.

Sweet potatoes also cook well in the crock pot. I tried it for the first time today. No water added. I just washed them and put them in the crockpot and cooked on high for 4 hours. I added a little butter and some cinnamon sugar and they were great!! They looked like the came out of the oven. These were small potatoes.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Crockpot CookingApril 20, 2021
👔
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crockpot-Baked-Potatoes.html