Crustless Tuna Tart
Turn ordinary cans of tuna into a delicious crustless tart. Served with a fresh garden salad, this tart makes for easy entertaining during the summer months.
Total Time: 10 minutes preparation; 50 minutes baking
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cans (170g) light meat shredded tuna in salt water (119g when drained)
- 1 cup (250 ml) mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Orgran Gluten Free Pizza & Pastry Multimix
- 2 cups (500ml) grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (450ml) milk
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chopped shallots
- 1 tsp (5ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) hot English mustard powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Add the frozen vegetables to a strainer. Run tap water over it for a few seconds, so that the ice can melt. Drain the vegetables thoroughly.
- Drain the tuna thoroughly.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix well together.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased oven pie dish with a capacity of 1.8 liters (approx. 2 qt).
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Note: A test skewer must come out clean when inserted into the middle. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.