Cushion on Papasan Chair Slides Off?

The cushion on my Papasan chair won't stop sliding down! I figured out how to keep the actual chair from sliding from the base with zip ties, but now I need to figure out this cushion!

Best Answer

Can you use Velcro strips? Put one strip on the cushion and another on the chair. Velcro is available in a self-stick version.

Best Answer

Sticky velcro will not work on fabric. The long term solution is to add a fabric tab that has a piece of velcro sewn onto the end by stitching it to the cushion and the soft side of the velcro sewn onto the cushion in the place where the tab would fit after going around the top of the chair. It might be very good to add at least 3 tabs with velcro spaced at the 9:00, 12:00 and 3:00 positions.

Could you add some pictures of how to do this, please?

Best Answer

For a dollar, you can get a non slip rug underlay from Dollar Tree. I have several.

They are quite sturdy. If you put one where the cushion comes in contact with the chair frame, it should provide enough grip to stop the cushion from sliding.

velcro is good, or I also imagine you could make or purchase a cushion cover, making sure that the backside is less slippery material

here is a tutorial on how to make a cushion: www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Slipcover-for-Your-Papasan...

here are some available to buy: www.amazon.com/.../B00HGT1232 (Affiliate Link)

With My Cushion I Sewed My Fancy Rope on the Cushion And Tied it to the Base 1 at the Bottom in the front of the base and both sides in the back on at the base and my Cushion Stayed Secured....

For a quick inexpensive solution (maybe temporary?) why not go to the Dollar store and buy a couple of packages of their non-slip material for placing under a rug. They usually have several sizes but they also have the rolls that fit in your cabinet drawers.

I have used these under sofa cushions so I believe it might work on your chair.

One smart cookie, you are. After I posted an answer, I saw you beat me to it. We both can't be wrong, now can we?

i like to sit in my easy chair and use my laptop on the arm rest but it is constantly slipping.. what I did was to get some of that rubber shelf liner with holes... and it grabs that etal laptop and sit still. i bet the same would work for you ! Good Luck

Mine has loops on the cushion that tie to the chair.

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureJanuary 22, 2017
👒
🐰
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cushion-on-Papasan-Chair-Slides-Off.html