KitchenDecorating

DIY Backsplash

This project is about making a thrifty, inexpensive backslash. It is made with placemats purchased from the Dollar Store. It's just right for a smaller sized kitchen, such as an apartment sized kitchen.

Total Time: 1 Hour

1. Start by getting the measurements of one place mat.
  2. Measure the walls in the area you're putting them to figure out how many place mats will be needed to fill area.
  3. I painted my wall aqua blue so I made mine shorter so I could have both. You can save time by just placing the mat on the wall side by side with the double sided tape the tape comes back off without damaging the wall. It sticks great and I haven't had any trouble with it yet.
  4. Ad

5. If you are wanting it shorter, measure where it needs to be cut with a metal ruler and make a straight line. Cut into desired size.