Dashboard Lights Going Off and On While Driving

My 2006 Honda Civic dashboard lights go off and on while I am driving.

You have a short in the electrical system. You will need to have the car serviced.

I had that problem with the dashboard lights going off/on but it was for the alternator then my engine turned off completely.

But could it be your battery needs a change?

I had a 1990 Civic. Loved that car. I had a battery issue and what you described is what it would do right before the battery would die. Best to get it checked ASAP! It is awful having a dead battery when you are not at home.

Post back what the mechanic says!

I agree to check the battery first. I have a 2007 Nissan Morano that we bought used about three years ago. I was having trouble with it starting, unable to get it to start if the radio was on or the heated seats. When we took it in to have the battery tested. It was testing at such a low level that the battery guy said it shouldn't have even started. It was the original battery, which yours might be too.

If the battery checks out as good, I would make an appointment with the dealer or a mechanic that specializes in Hondas so they can figure out what electrical problem is causing the issue. It's possible it is a fuse, a partially detatched electrical wire or some more concerning problem. If you need to pass emissions testing, this may cause problems when it is time to renew your registration.

Good luck and do let us know what you find out.