Denture Causes Tongue and Palate to Burn?

I have a partial denture and as the day goes on my tongue and upper palate get a burning sensation and my tongue gets very sore. I've had tests to see if I'm allergic to the acrylic, but these proved to be negative. Please help, it's so uncomfortable.

By Julie

Best Answer

I wonder if it could be the denture adhesive, if you use any. Ask your dentist or denturist.

Are you a smoker? I thought my dentures were to blame when the same thing happened to me. I just happened to change cigarette brands a few days later and the burning went away! If you're not a smoker, it could also be denture adhesive if you use it. The only kind I've found that I can use is Fixodent Clear.

I have the same problem and have seen an article from an American dentist who's patient had a similar problem . He eventually dicke red that they were allergic to the pink colouring in the acrylic....He had dentures made of clear acrylic and the burning stopped.

So I am going to ask my dentist to try this for me

Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 3, 2014
🌻
😎
📓
😷
🐛
Generated 2020-08-05 09:24:59 in 893 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Denture-Causes-Tongue-and-Palate-to-Burn.html