Pain When Putting Dentures In

I had all my teeth pulled and dentures put in a little over a week ago. I have been able to take out my top plate and put it in with no problem. I finally got my bottom plate out last night and now I can't get either of them back in. It hurts way too bad! Any suggestions on making it a little less painful for getting them back in?

By chellbell from Duncan, OK

Anonymous

Try using some of the teething products for teething babies as this will slightly numb the affected area hopefully making it bearable to put your upper and lower plates in. My mother used to also use clove oil on a small gauze pad and gently wipe her gums with it as it has a numbing effect on the gums, doesn't taste all that great but it does work. Just be cautious if your gum's are not completely healed as it could sting with the clove oil, but you should be just fine using the teething aid for babies. I hope this will help and get you on your way with the least amount of pain. Also try putting your plates in the freezer. Make sure they are completely dry and put them in for about 5 - 10 minutes then put your plates in as the cold will reduce swelling and also felt a cool relief as well. You have my sympathies for mouth pain as it is horrible!

Mothful several times a day. Hold, even swallow willards water or colloidal silver or both. Very healing. hugs, vicki

Hello,

Your gums are swollen from the procedure. I had the same problem (my daughter is a RDA and works for our dentist) and my Dentist had to do a few adjustments until they fit properly. This is very common, please call your Dentist.